I've decided to try another Operating System on my Raspberry Pi, this is a version of XBMC specially designed for the Raspberry Pi.
XBMC is a open source media center operating system which gives quick and easy access to films, music and photos on a user interface designed for a TV rather than a computer monitor. It is also designed so it can be controlled by a remote control rather than a mouse and keyboard.
The installation of this is slightly different to Raspbian as it comes with its own installer. To flash the SD card you need to follow these simple steps:
- Download the file from the Raspbmc website (http://www.raspbmc.com)
- Unzip the file downloaded and run the Setup.exe file, this will install the raspbmc installer on your computer
- Run the program called installer.exe, which will display a window like this:
- Insert the SD card into the card reader. NOTE: THIS SD CARD WILL BE RE-FORMATTED, THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON IT!
- Click the refresh button next to the Device box at the top, this will refresh the list and you should see your SD card in the box.
- Tick the box to accept the license agreement.
- Tick the box next to your SD card and click the Install button, this will then install raspbmc onto the card.